List:       incidents
Subject:    Re: Vendor notification
From:       Barrie Dempster <barrie () reboot-robot ! net>
Date:       2005-04-01 12:02:08

Colin wrote:
> You've got to admit though, theres got to be a Microsoft Security guy
> reading these lists... as for the other vendors... well maybe people
> should inform them a bit more.

Indeed,I did discuss that in my previous post.

http://securityfocus.com/archive/75/394636/2005-03-29/2005-04-04/0

"However most vendors are reading the appropriate forums for thier
products and become aware very quickly of any possible issues"

This case however, the vendor requested notification specifically, so I
guess it would be courteous to directly email them. I agree with you,
it's not an absolute necessity though.

--
With Regards..
Barrie Dempster (zeedo) - Fortiter et Strenue

blog: http://zeedo.blogspot.com
site: http://www.bsrf.org.uk
CA: www.cacert.org

"He who hingeth aboot, getteth hee-haw" - Victor (Still Game)

["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]