List:       incidents
Subject:    Re: Backdoor.coreflood infection
From:       Jack McCarthy <lists () jackmccarthy ! com>
Date:       2003-09-05 17:53:25

Well, now that makes sense.  My site is hosted by Interland and I saw strange
traffic going to beech-info2.com when loading my page.  I had about 10 other
things on my plate at that time, so I didn't spend much time on it.  We ended
up having 2 infected machines, my box and our Citrix box, which I also use.
Symantec corp edition found it (after the Sept 3 update) as backdoor.coreflood
and deleted it.  Any official postings/memos/news articles regarding this
exploit on Interland's servers?

-Jack