List:       incidents
Subject:    Re: Yahoo Messenger Stale Sessions
From:       BANIER Jeremie <jeremie.banier () swift ! com>
Date:       2002-11-14 13:49:51

Hello,
I believe switching on keep-alive would perhaps sove that one ...

<knip>
Windows 2000 TCP keep-alive behavior can be modified by changing the values of the \
KeepAliveTime and KeepAliveInterval registry entries \
(HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters). TCP keep-alives can be \
sent once for every interval specified by the value of KeepAliveTime (defaults to \
7,200,000 milliseconds, or two hours) if no other data or higher level keep-alives \
have been
carried over the TCP connection. If there is no response to a keep-alive, it is \
repeated once every interval specified by the value of KeepAliveInterval in seconds. \
By default, the KeepAliveInterval entry is set to a value of one second. </knip>

Hope it helps, if not rebooot ;-)
Jeremie

--
"Ok, so the servers are down, the lights are out, and all I have to work
with is a roll of duct tape, a ball point pen, a lighter, and a twenty year

["jeremie.banier.vcf;" (text/x-vcard)]