List:       incidents
Subject:    RE: scans on port 57
From:       "Craig, Scott" <SCraig () kmart ! com>
Date:       2002-11-13 16:06:18

I'm seeing the same thing. I also noticed one of the Code Red probes came at
the same time as a port57 scan from the same address yesterday.

On 11/1, I reported seeing very large IIS vulnerability probes that also
coincided with a port 57 scan.
One reply I received was that it was probably someone using "FxScanner". See
the following URL for details:
http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/archive/intrusions/2002/11/msg00015.html