List:       incidents
Subject:    Re: TCP FIN Increase
From:       Skip Carter <skip () taygeta ! com>
Date:       2001-10-25 22:17:34

> I am seeing an increase in TCP FIN attacks on the few firewalls I monitor,
> both PIX and SonicWall are reporting them.  Is anyone else seeing this
> increase?

  My snort boxes have seen occasional bursts of these for the last
  three days, all of them were associated with port 113 attempts.

  That reminds me, I haven't seen a SYN-FIN attempt for over a month
  now (I usually would see 3 or 4 a week).  I have just been assuming
  that it was just a case of "lower hanging fruit".

--
 Dr. Everett (Skip) Carter      Phone: 831-641-0645 FAX:  831-641-0647
 Taygeta Scientific Inc.        INTERNET: skip@taygeta.com