List:       imp
Subject:    Re: [imp] Setting up my first mail server
From:       Nadeem Hasan <nhasan () nadmm ! com>
Date:       1999-11-17 0:34:32

I'd recommend postfix (http://www.postfix.org) instead of
sendmail and Cyrus IMAPD  (http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/)
instead of UW IMAPD.

Reasons:
1. Postfix is 100 times easier to configure, many times
faster and secure than sendmail.
2. Cyrus IMAPD allows sealed servers, mail users with no
system account. You can use PAM to authenticate with
just about anything.

I am already using postfix and in the process of migrating
to Cyrus IMAPD.

Good Luck,

Nadeem