List:       imp
Subject:    Re: [imp] How to configure imp for Cyrus Server?
From:       Jan Schneider <jan () horde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-30 22:08:51

Zitat von Otto Stolz <Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de>:
> Hello,>> I am still trying to get Imp 4.1.1 up and running against> our Cyrus IMAP4 \
> v2.3.3 server.>> However, I cannot make heads or tails of the new configuration> \
> options in imp/config/servers.php.dist:> 1. How should I configure the 'quota' \
> sub-array?> 2. how should I configure the 'admin' sub-array?> (cf. infra, for \
> details)
Both with the Cyrus user.
> I would be glad if these questions would be answered not only on this> (notoriously \
> helpful) list, but also in the Imp documentation, e. g.,> in the \
> imp/config/servers.php.dist file of some forthcoming Imp version.>> Ad 1.>>>    \
> 'quota' => array(>>        'driver' => 'cyrus',>>        'params' => array(>>       \
> 'login' => 'cyrus',>>            'password' => 'cyrus_pass',>>            \
> 'userhierarchy' => 'user.'>>        )>>    ),>> imp/config/servers.php.dist says:>> \
> see the comments located at the top of imp/lib/Quota/[quotadriver].php>> for the \
> parameters needed for each driver> but there is no comment in \
> imp/lib/Quota/cyrus.php. Nothing, nada, garnix,> rien du tout, tabula rasa.
It should be self explanatory for every Cyrus administrator. You know  what the \
"cyrus" user is, don't you?
> So, how can I configure imp to get from the Cyrus server the quota   > information> \
> pertaining to the current user? That server reveals to every user his own> quota \
> information -- no administrator privileges necessary. The   > pertinent IMAP> \
> commands are SELECT INBOX, followed by GETQUOTAROOT; in our Imp 3> installation,> \
> we do it via a custom hook containing code akin to:>    $stream = \
> @imap_open(IMP::serverString(), $imap_user, $imap_passwd,> OP_HALFOPEN);>    $quota \
> = @imap_get_quotaroot($stream, 'INBOX');>    imap_close($stream);> I hope that Imp \
> 4 will get the quota information without opening an   > additional> stream.
It does, but it requires certain PHP and c-client versions. Since  these versions are \
common these days, we removed the admin user  configuration in CVS (IMP 4.1.2). You \
can simply leave the 'params'  array empty.
> Ad 2.>>>    'admin' => array(>>        'params' => array(>>            'login' => \
> 'cyrus',>>            'password' => 'cyrus_pass',>>            'userhierarchy' => \
> 'user.'>>        )>>    ),>> - What is the purpose of the 'admin' subarray, at \
> all?>    · Will Imp present additional menu items to a user logging in with the>    \
> user-id specified here, and if so, which sort of menu items? But then,>     why \
> should I specify the password in Imp's configuration?>    · Or does Imp use these \
> credentials for a chat, on its own behalf, with>     the Cyrus server, and if so, \
> which IMAP features will be used, and which>     additional effects will this have \
> for the user?>    · Or does Imp need an administrator login to do its normal job, \
> and if so,>     how should I configure the Cyrus server?
It allows to create and delete user mailboxes through Horde's admin interface.
> - If I decide to not use this option (if this is possible, at all),   > how should> \
> I configure the 'admin' subarray?
Remove it.
> - If Imp will use this sub-array to present additional features to Cyrus>   \
> administrators, how should I configure it to allow for multiple ad->   \
> ministrators?
Jan.
-- Do you need professional PHP or Horde consulting?http://horde.org/consulting/