List:       imap
Subject:    re: UIDVALIDITY
From:       Mark Crispin <MRC () CAC ! Washington ! EDU>
Date:       2000-08-23 18:04:47

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:39:41 -0400, Rick Santos wrote:
> Anybody care to guess why PINE rejects this response dialog with two error
> strings
> 1)Mail Folder INBOX closed due to access error
> 2)UID sequence error

I understand that you're debugging a new IMAP server, but you should contact
the Pine maintainers for help in interpreting Pine's error messages instead of
asking the entire IMAP mailing list to guess.

The access error message is Pine's catch-all to report the server prematurely
closing the connection.

Was the second message really "UID sequence error"?  I don't think that that
message exists in Pine.  Or was it actually "UID sequence invalid"?  If so,
that indicates a problem in some completely different place than that SELECT
dialog.

Try your test again, and this time send me (not the whole IMAP list) a copy of
the .pine-debug file to analyze.  Or, give me access to your IMAP server and
I'll do the testing and analysis.