List:       imap
Subject:    Newbie trying to figure out how to use mbx folders.
From:       Gordon McCrae <gmccrae () alliedbuilding ! com>
Date:       1999-11-18 22:08:38

Could someone please explain (or point to an explanation of) the
references to "black box mode" made in the documentation.

Also, I want to setup my IMAP server so that it "slurps" (the
documentation's word, not mine) mail from the default UNIX inbox, into
an mbx INBOX, and that all folders are created / managed using mbx
format instead of UNIX.

I cannot see how this is done, partly because I think I'm missing some
of the references to such things as "black box mode"

I'm using Netscape 4.51 and upwards to access the email off of a Linux
system.

P.S.

I'm a newbie with this, so please be gentle.