List:       imap
Subject:    how to set up an imap server on Solaris2.52?
From:       "D. Mai" <dfmai () u ! washington ! edu>
Date:       1998-09-03 23:11:10

Hi,

I recently downloaded a imap4.4.beta from UW FTP site, and I'm having
trouble to get it going.  Here is the situation:
I copied the executable file in my /usr/local/lib, then add this line to
my /etc/services file:
imap4 143/tcp

I also added this line to my /etc/inetd.conf file:
imap4 stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/lib/imapd imapd

I reboot the machine, knowing that imap is not in session, so I run imapd
as root, and try to telnet it at 143, get a response saying connection
refused.

I learnd that I have to config YP/NIS dbase, but I don't know how.

Could anyone tell me how to config YP/NIS? and what's the right way to
start the imap server?

Please help!

Thanks

david