List:       imap
Subject:    Re: Namespace proposal
From:       "Mike Gahrns (Exchange)" <mikega () exchange ! microsoft ! com>
Date:       1997-06-01 16:19:25

I think Chris's proposal is a fair compromise that gets us past the
#personal vs. ~/ user vs. $/ issue that bogged us down the last week or
so.

If things remain fairly quiet on this proposal on the list, I will aim
to get draft 2 of the namespace doc to the list around the end of the
week.  [Yeah right, fat chance of this list staying quiet I hear
everyone mumbling ;-)]

I think point (G) is the most important point.  Our goal with the
namespace draft was to solve the personal namespace issue, as we know
that trying to define a global default namespace that everyone can agree
on is a losing proposition.  Let's not try to steer the draft in that
direction or it will be doomed to failure.

----