List:       imap
Subject:    Re: disconnect mode
From:       Terry Gray <gray () cac ! washington ! edu>
Date:       1996-01-14 2:15:49

Gerhard,
Alas, offline and disconnected support will not make it into the "almost
ready" 3.92 version, but both are definitely planned for later this year.

Siren mail and Sun's Roam client both support disconnected operation;
however, the Siren client doesn't use IMAP4 UIDs yet, and Roam only runs
on Solaris.  I'm told that a Windows version of Roam and IMAP4-compatible
Siren are both coming...  I think there may be one more IMAP client with
disconnected support, but it has slipped my mind.

I've CC'd the IMAP list in hopes others will speak up.

-teg