List:       imap
Subject:    Re: Cyrus on Linux - Will It?
From:       Jason Haar <Jason_Haar () chineham ! euro ! csg ! mot ! com>
Date:       1995-07-26 8:52:28

On Jul 25,  2:15pm, John Gardiner Myers wrote:
> Subject: Re: Cyrus on Linux - Will It?
> In addition to the other problems mentioned, there's the fact that the
> Linux filesystem by default performs directory changes asynchronously.
> This could cause corruption and/or loss of data if the OS is not taken
> down cleanly.
>
> (Other network servers, such as sendmail, are also sensitive to this
> problem.)

In Linux's defence, I'd just like to point out that this doesn't appear to be
a problem - the default Linux filesystem seems very robust.

--

Cheers,

Jason
| Jason Haar, European SysAdmin   Phone: + 44 (256) 790577                |
| Motorola Cellular Subscriber      Fax: + 44 (256) 790519                |
| Basingstoke, Hampshire                                                  |
| RG21 1PL,  ENGLAND           Internet: jasonh@chineham.euro.csg.mot.com |