List:       imap
Subject:    Re: [Imap-protocol] iCloud IMAP won't ENABLE CONDSTORE or QRESYNC but lists them as CAPABILITIES
From:       Gene Smith <gds () chartertn ! net>
Date:       2021-11-08 17:43:00

Roman,
Hope you don't mind me CCing this to the list.

I think that
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/MailNews:Supported_IMAP_extensions> is
accurate. But, CONDSTORE is actually turned off by default due to some bugs.

It appears to me the QRESYNC is very useful in detecting exactly what
was expunged/VANISHED.

So far I've only found 2 servers that fully support CONDSTORE and
QRESYNC: Dovexcot and Cyrus. I think maybe Zimbra does but my test
server is not quite working right now, so not sure.

Again, very disappointing the icloud claims it supports both, but
doesn't seem to.

If you can provide me with a test imap account to Communigate-Pro, with
or without QRESYNC, it would be appreciated.

There is no definite schedule to add QRESYNC to TB. Right now I'm just
seeing if it's feasible and useful. Also, trying to fix the bugs in the
CONDSTORE implementation that caused it to be disabled by default in TB.

-gene