List:       imap
Subject:    Re: [Imap-protocol] Use of namespace in LIST command
From:       Jeff McKay <jjmckay () comaxis ! com>
Date:       2015-02-06 23:43:24

This customer was telling me that Thunderbird sees the folders just
fine, so I did a trace of TB's traffic and found it
is doing both LIST and LSUB.  To be honest I had not heard of the LSUB
command before.  It seems to me that retrieving
subscribed folders is going to give a subset of the entire folder list,
and I want the entire list.  But in this case, LIST by
itself leaves off all the folders we were missing.  In tests with some
other imap servers my theory is correct - LIST gives
me what I want, except for this case.  So I can work around it for this
guy but I'm wondering if doing both commands
(then eliminating duplicates) is the best practice.