List:       imap
Subject:    Re: [Imap-use] Running second instance of IMAP
From:       Mark Crispin <MRC () cac ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2007-02-02 23:06:30

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, Peter Blajev wrote:
> Exactly, I was trying to run second SSL-IMAP server. It would have never
> crossed my mind that what I'm actually doing is running an IMAP server
> instead of SSL-IMAP.
> Well, things make more sense now and everything is back in place.

Sorry for the confusion.  It never dawned on me that people might want to
have multiple SSL servers, since you can use TLS instead (and TLS
supposedly has relegated SSL to "legacy").

It's not impossible to fix this, but it would require a bit of thought to
get it right.  The code as it currently exists uses TLS for just the
"imaps" port (since you can't assume that "s" at the end of a service name
means SSL) and nothing else.  Hopefully TLS is OK for your purposes and we
don't have to worry about it.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.