List:       imap
Subject:    Re: Solaris imap-2004c1 can't find mailbox
From:       Mark Crispin <MRC () CAC ! Washington ! EDU>
Date:       2005-03-07 18:58:30

discussions of the IMAP protocol.  Software questions about UW imapd
should go to c-client@u.washington.edu.

We're going to do something about these mailing list names.  Even though
the actual software is called c-client, most people don't remember that
name...

You don't need to build with SSLTYPE=none if you want to allow your Java
client to connect with plaintext passwords.  SSLTYPE=unix will also work,
that is:
 	make gso SSLTYPE=unix
This will build with SSL but without disabling plaintext passwords.

It should work given what you've described.  What, exactly, happens "when
it tries to find the mailbox it can't"?  Do you get an error message?  If
so, what is the message?  Do you get a seemingly empty INBOX?

What are the *exact* contents of the first line of a /var/mail/username
file that exhibits this problem?