List:       imap
Subject:    problem with domain name
From:       "pedro.vieira" <pedro.vieira () filbox ! com>
Date:       2004-01-27 23:35:54

Hello there...

I recently instaled uw imap on my machine to act as a pop/imap mail server.

The problem is that, though my hostname is xxx.pt and the guy from dns
says he added a mxrecord pointing to xxx.pt, my server only responds
when i ping it to www.xxxx.pt.
Therefor, my email adresses would be something like someone@www.xxx.pt
wich is kinda stupid.... lol

Anyone can help me with this?

I'm runnuning the server on the same machine I'm running apache... the
SO is mandrake linux 9.2

Thanks!

Pedro

----
"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."

"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine."
----