List:       imap
Subject:    RE: Children flags, RFC3348.
From:       "David Harris" <David.Harris () pmail ! gen ! nz>
Date:       2004-01-13 21:49:40

On 13 Jan 2004 at 10:36, Mark Crispin wrote:

> > Hmmmm.. Can we then have a \Subscribed flag too?
>
> That would require that all subscribed mailboxes exist.

Why? To me it simply suggests that all existing mailboxes that are
subscribed could report that fact via LIST.

Since I'm doing a lot of work in correcting the way my client handles folder
listing at the moment, issues like this are kind of uppermost in my mind...
I've found that I'm using two or three approaches to handling folder lists,
some involing LIST and some involving LSUB; for the former, I can see
that it would actually be quite useful to know that a folder was subscribed
when I LISTed it - as it stands now, I often need to issue both commands

I rather like this idea, in fact.

Cheers!

-- David --

  Box 5451, Dunedin, New Zealand | e-mail: David.Harris@pmail.gen.nz
           Phone: +64 3 453-6880 | Fax: +64 3 453-6612

Quote for the day:
    "If all the girls at the Yale Prom were laid end-to-end
     I wouldn't be at all surprised."     -- Dorothy Parker