List:       imap
Subject:    Has anyone done a port of the UW IMAP server to Java?
From:       "Joseph S. Barrera III" <joe () barrera ! org>
Date:       2003-05-02 16:50:51

Has anyone done a port of the UW IMAP server to Java?

Now you may ask why one would want to do such a thing.
I think it would be nice to have a database-backed version of
the UW IMAP version, and it sure would be nice to use JDBC.

One could do this presumably either by either translating the
whole server in Java, or through use of a whole lot of JNI in
a new osdep layer. The latter would be messier but would make
it much easier to track changes in the UW code.

- Joe

P.S. This has nothing to do with the call-center product I
mentioned in a previous mail -- I've changed jobs and no
longer work on that product. But I'm left with a desire to
keep working with IMAP...