List:       imap
Subject:    Re: Imap Hangup / Kill
From:       Mark Crispin <MRC () CAC ! Washington ! EDU>
Date:       2002-03-18 2:33:06

The problem is that the "schedule" process is opening a second connection
to the same mailbox that is already open to download your email.

This is not permitted in POP3 at all (the POP3 specification forbids it),
and is simply bad programming in OE.

In IMAP, the server *MAY* offer multiple connections, but it is not
required by the IMAP specification.  This feature is not available with
the traditional UNIX format, since interoperability with other UNIX
applications which use traditional UNIX format requires exclusive access.

You need to turn off your "schedule" process, or use a good IMAP client
(such as Pine) which doesn't do such silly things.