List:       imap
Subject:    $HOME/mail
From:       Daniel Keller <danielkeller () datacomm ! ch>
Date:       2001-10-31 18:10:25

I hope this doesn't get annoying, but I couldn't find any other help. I want
to change the imap-mail-root-directory to $HOME/mail but can't figure out
how.

I found many people asking the same thing in diffrent newsgroups, but
there was no satisfying answer. Also the Reference to the file CONFIG in
the FAQ-Question "Why does my IMAP client show all of my files,
recursively from my UNIX home directory" wasn't helpful at all, as
I am not a used to "C".

Finally I tried to build the 2000c and 2001-Release-Candidate Versions
using a hint from this Mail-List on my Redhat 7.1 - Linux:

make slx EXTRACFLAGS=-DMAILSUBDIR="mail"
AND
make slx EXTRACFLAGS=-DMAILSUBDIR=\\\"mail\\\"

Both Compilation-Attemps failed (also with sl4, sl5 and lnx).

Isn't there an "easy" way to do this configuration such as a
config-file or an enviroment-variable?? Or is there at least
a more detailed instruction, then this short fragments from
this list? An update to the FAQ's would also be appreciated,
as this problem seems to be shared by many "users".

Regards,
Daniel Keller