List:       imap
Subject:    help for a novice
From:       Edward McKeown <emck () mac ! com>
Date:       2001-10-26 20:10:31

when I start imap -d I get an error and since I am new at this I don't
know what it mean but more importantly how do I correct it.

ADD : ftp proto=tcp, wait=0, user=root builtin=0 server=/usr/libexec/tcpd
bind failed on ftp/tcp: Address already in use
ADD : imap4 proto=tcp, wait=0, user=root builtin=0
server=/usr/libexec/tcpd
bind failed on imap4/tcp: Address already in use

I am using mac os x.

thanks for your help

edward