List:       imagemagick-user
Subject:    Re: enumerate Fonts
From:       Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen () simple ! dallas ! tx ! us>
Date:       2001-08-29 14:08:33

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, raptor wrote:

> How can I enumerate available fonts ( so I can show them in Drop-down
> box)... and later use it..

Up until recently, ImageMagick did not provide a list of fonts.  There
is now an installed type.mgk file (XML format) that provides a mapping
for Ghostscript fonts.  These are used with the FreeType2 library.

You can obtain a listing of fonts via the ListTypeInfo() function, or
via 'convert -list type'.

This font list does not include any X11 fonts, or other fonts not
lised in type.mgk.

> The Annotate() is the way to write text, isn't it ?

You can use Annotate or Draw to write text.

> Should I do something special so that text is anti-aliased ?

Text is anti-aliased by default.

Bob