List:       imagemagick-user
Subject:    Newbie: Installing PerlMagick
From:       Theodor Grip <tgrip () mediasec ! com>
Date:       2001-03-28 20:04:34

hi,

I can't install Perl-Magick. I'm using Windows 2000.

When I run MakeFile.pl, I get about 30 notes of missing libraries.
After this, nmake fails and I get the following error message:

'cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x1'

I installed then PerlMagick with ppm from ActiveState. It works, but
I still get the warning that he couldn't find "delegates.mgk".

I also compiled and runned VisualMagick with Visual C++-compiler, I
succeed, but still couldn't install PerlMagick.

thanks in advance
theodor grip