List:       imagemagick-user
Subject:    Re: [magick-users] blur part of image
From:       Anthony Thyssen <anthony () griffith ! edu ! au>
Date:       2008-09-24 7:04:08

John Hauf on  wrote...
| Thank you! That's exact what I want!
|
| John
|
| > That is
| >   load image
| >   create a blured image
| >   create a seletion mask  (white on black) (also blurred)
| >   and do a masked 3 image composition...
| >
| >   convert logo:  \( -clone 0 -blur 5x2 \) \
| >           \( -clone 0 -gamma 0  -fill white \
| >              -draw 'rectangle 220 180 320 280'  -blur 10x5 \
| >           \) -composite   logo.png
| >

| > You can also pixelate the image area instead of blurring....
| > Like they do to fuzz out 'naugthy bits' and faces on TV news.
| > In this case lets try to protect anonymity of the IM wizard. :-)
| >
| >   convert logo:  \( -clone 0 -scale 10%  -scale 1000% \) \
| >           \( -clone 0 -gamma 0  -fill white \
| >              -draw 'circle 400,200 440,200'  -blur 10x5 \
| >           \) -composite   logo.png
| >
| > Again the drawn mask (a blurred circle this time) is used to
| > definate and limit the area that should be pixelated.

I am not certain which examples you are thanking me for.
The later pixelate area example however is now in
   IM Examples, Photo handling, Protect Someones Anonymity
     http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/photos/#anonymity

Though the current example result is wrong the commands are correct
and the results will update tomorrow.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    <A.Thyssen@griffith.edu.au>