List:       imagemagick-user
Subject:    [magick-users] extract hexagonal regions with compose Src works
From:       Günter_Bachelier <guba () VI-ANEC ! de>
Date:       2008-08-14 9:32:52

Hello Anthony,

>   convert image1.png  image2.png \
>           mask.png -compose Src -composite \
>           result.png

First experiments are showing that with some minor adjustments
this seems to work: First I made a black background image for
image2 ($black) the same size as $extraction_mask (white hexagon
on black background) and

$img->Composite(image=>$black, mask=>$extraction_mask, compose=>'Src',
gravity=>'Center');

delivers first the opposite from from what I want: extracted was the region
outside the white hexagon not inside. So I negate the $extraction_mask
(black hexagon on white background) and now the intended
region inside the hexagon is extracted.
Thank you very much for your help!!

Guenter