List:       imagemagick-user
Subject:    Re: [magick-users] Animated GIF stop/start question
From:       Scott <scotbicknel () cox ! net>
Date:       2007-10-29 17:11:35

On Monday 29 October 2007 9:38:06 am rhubarbpie@poetworld.net
wrote:
> I've generated drawn images using PerlMagick and combined them
> into an animated looping GIF.  However, is there a way to
> generate the GIF with a stop/freeze/pause option(s)?  In
> explanation, the GIF shows a moving part and being able to
> stop and review an individual frame would be helpful.  This
> may be a standard feature of animated GIFs of which I'm
> unaware.
>
> If the above isn't possible, is it possible to generate the
> GIF to advance manually?

GIF animations are not interactive. There may be software that
lets you do what you want, but I'm not aware of any program that
does that. You can set the timing on individual frames of the
animation so that it pauses at particular points for a specified
time, but beyond that, I don't think you will find what you want
in GIF.
--
Scott
Linux user #: 246504