List:       imagemagick-user
Subject:    Re: [magick-users] composite & match size
From:       Anthony Thyssen <anthony () griffith ! edu ! au>
Date:       2006-05-17 2:32:30

"Anonymous" on  wrote...
| How do I stretch an image to another's size?
|
| Or more specifically, how do I overlay an image streteched on another.
|
| In the following command, I want to strech fullscreenwatermark.png to background.jpg's size:
|
| convert background.jpg fullscreenwatermark.png -composite outfile.png

Currently the only way is to read the background images size, then
resize the watermark image to fit.

It is a bummer, and their is a proposal to add the ability to use
various image attributes is input arguments to other options.
See...
  http://www.cit.gu.edu.au/~anthony/graphics/imagick6/bugs/future/#settings

Comments are welcome.  No one at the moment is looking to implement this
as yet.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    <A.Thyssen@griffith.edu.au>