List:       imagemagick-user
Subject:    [magick-users] Converting files into other formats using
From:       Michael Goettsche <mail () tuxipuxi ! de>
Date:       2004-03-15 16:28:54

Hi,

I know that I have already asked this question, but I haven't got an answer to
my last reply and i freshly setup my system and  don't have my mails here.

so here comes my problem explanation:
in a program which I'm writing the user has - beside other things - the
possiblity to convert image files into other formats. I have to show the user
a list of supported file formats and till now I've chosen the list Magick++
returns via the appropriate function(only rw formats). This works fine for
many formats, bmp->jpg->xpm e.g. is no problem, but when converting a jpg
into a mpg it aborts. of course, converting ONE jpg into a mpg file doesn't
make sense, but I'd like to present all supported fileformats.

Is there a list of formats which can be converted into each other? You have to
understand that I'm not willing to try to convert 87 fileformats into each
other since that would take weeks :).

Thanks in advance,
Michael.