List:       imagemagick-user
Subject:    Re: [magick-users] Convert Files( with magick++ )
From:       Michael Goettsche <mail () tuxipuxi ! de>
Date:       2004-03-12 20:08:22

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 12:58, you wrote:
> At 09:08 AM 3/9/04 +0100, Michael Goettsche wrote:

> >> You could do it but a one-frame MPG isn't too useful.  You could convert
> >> a dozen or a hundred jpgs into one mpg though.
> >>
> >> Glenn
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >thanks for your answer.
> >If i understood you right, it's possible to convert every supported format
> > in every other supported format, even if it makes no sense, right?
>
> Right.  Except for those that are read-only or write-only.
>
> Glenn
Hi,

I've now tried to convert some files into other formats, jpg in bmp, png in
xpm and similiar processes work fine, but my application aborts when e.g.
trying to convert a jpg into a mpg. this is actually no big problem, but i
got to know which files can be converted to each other in order to present
the user the right list of supported filetypes.
is there a FAQ somewhere about this or do i have to try out on my own?

thanks in advance,
Michael.