List:       imagemagick-user
Subject:    [magick-users] Getting only the first page of multipage PDFs on Mogrify
From:       "Jens Lundgaard" <jens () globusmedia ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 12:40:56

Dear all,

I am processing a batch of PDF files into JPEG thumbnails,
and need to get only the first page of each PDF
(as I want to avoid the "filename.jpeg.0, filename.jpeg.1" automatic naming,
 and also only need a thumbnail of the first page of each document)

If I try to specify filename1.pdf[1] filename2.pdf[1] etc
I get the second page of all documents,
but if I then specify filename1.pdf[0] filename2.pdf[0] etc
I get an error message saying the images do not exist.

NB: The same happens with Convert on a single image.

Any pointers?

Thanks in advance

Jens Lundgaard
Email  jens@globusmedia.com