I want to take an image, map the colours to a specific set of colours and reduce the number of colours in the image to a specific number. I created a bmp file containing the palette of colours that I wanted to use and have used the command: convert -map palette.bmp -colors 50 image.png I have also tried reversing the options, but the final image either has colours that aren't in the specified palette or there are more colours than I requested. I have also tried doing the conversion in 2 passes, with the same results. Am I going about this the wrong way or are the options mutually exclusive? Thanks for any help Steve _______________________________________________ Magick-users mailing list Magick-users@imagemagick.org http://studio.imagemagick.org/mailman/listinfo/magick-users