List:       imagemagick-user
Subject:    Re: [magick-users] convert
From:       Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen () simple ! dallas ! tx ! us>
Date:       2002-05-31 19:38:08

Most likely the new TIFF file is not using the same compression
algorithm as your original TIFF file.  In fact, it may not be
compressed at all!

If the original TIFF file was LZW compressed but your
libtiff/ImageMagick are not built to support patented LZW compression,
then it is likely that your TIFF is not compressed.  If your copy of
libtiff supports it, you could try using RLE, FAX, ZIP, or JPEG
compression (e.g. -compress ZIP).

Bob