List:       imagemagick-user
Subject:    Re: [magick-users] Can you increase performance under win32?
From:       Glenn Randers-Pehrson <glennrp () comcast ! net>
Date:       2002-05-30 13:48:34

At 02:29 PM 5/30/02 +0100, Dermot Paikkos wrote:
>I would like to know if there is any way to increase the performance
>of imagemagick, possibly increasing or decreasing the cache level? Or
>if anyone has some others ideas on how speed up convert?

Configure ImageMagick without 16-bit sample support.

Use the 530.jpeg as the source for the two smaller jpegs instead of
rereading the big tiff.

Use -sample instead of -geometry/-resize for scaling down the thumbnails
if you don't mind the degradation of image quality.

Buy more memory.  128MB is kind of puny for an ImageMagick platform.

Glenn