List:       imagemagick-user
Subject:    Re: [magick-users] TIFF-to-PDF conversion
From:       Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen () simple ! dallas ! tx ! us>
Date:       2002-02-28 23:02:55

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Elizabeth Bennett wrote:

> Does anyone out there with experience with TIFF-to-PDF conversion have
> any suggestions about how to do this? Is convert -density the right
> option, or am I looking in the wrong place?

While -density and -page are likely useful, you may need to specify
-geometry. I am not sure.

At any rate, LZW is certainly a possible factor.  You might see if
JPEG compression works well for your images.  Another choice is ZIP
compression. You can also try reducing the number of colors in your
images.

> * How much control does ImageMagick have over the PDF format? I just

Not a lot.  ImageMagick writes raster PDFs (no text) using the
compression algorithm you specify.

Bob