List:       imagemagick-user
Subject:    Re: [magick-users] help with montage and alpha channel
From:       Katsutoshi Shibuya <shibuya () bu-denken ! co ! jp>
Date:       2002-02-25 0:29:12

At 4:17 PM -0500 02.2.22, Betty Shaw wrote:
>I have several SGI images and try to stiched them together using montage
>command.  The command works fine except it does not carry the alpha
>channel along with the final output.

I experienced similar case.
I had an image "image1.png", it had some transparent pixels.
When I did "convert image1.png image2.png", all the transparent pixels
became white and transparency information was lost.
To solve the problem I did "convert -type truecolormatte image1.png
image2.png" and I got same image in image2.png.

I have not tryed this with montage, so I am not sure if this helps your case.
--
$B=BC+9nCR(B (SHIBUYA Katsutoshi)         <shibuya@bu-denken.co.jp>
$B!JK|$,0l>e5-%"%I%l%9$KAw?.ITG=$N>l9g$O(B shibuya@mxb.mesh.ne.jp$B$K$*4j$$$7$^$9!K(B