List:       imagemagick-developer
Subject:    [magick-developers] Possible fix for emf reader
From:       Bokor_Márton <marton.bokor () gfthu ! com>
Date:       2008-06-04 10:03:34

Hi all, I have made a temporary fix for the following bug:

Reading EMF files containing non-ascii characters failed for UTF8 encoded paths on \
Windows XP:

diff:

 -  - - - old

hTemp=GetEnhMetaFile(szFileName);

- - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -- - - -  new

wchar_t *unicode_path;

.

.

.

unicode_path = ConvertUTF8ToUTF16(szFileName);

hTemp=GetEnhMetaFileW(unicode_path);

unicode_path=(wchar_t *) RelinquishMagickMemory(unicode_path); //???? is this needed?

Note, I don't know if this spoils other cases, or if it is correct at all in general, \
but it definetely solved our very urgent problem. Please, if this fix is correct \
commit the normalized version to trunk, so I can check out the correct fix. I hope \
this contribution was useful and I'm adressing the correct forum, If not please tell \
me how and where to do it.

Best Regards,

Marton Bokor