List:       imagemagick-developer
Subject:    [magick-developers] TIFF Support on MacOSX
From:       Hugh Svendsen <hughsvendsen () nc ! rr ! com>
Date:       2002-04-26 12:53:28

Hi Folks,

I am trying to build ImageMagick 5.4.4 on MacOSX. I have the following
questions:

1) Am I using the correct set of downloads. Note that I am not using a
downloaded zlib. zlib ships with
MacOSX and I get conflicts when I try to use the downloaded version. The
PNG functionality seems to work
fine so I am assuming I am O.K. on this one.

2) Do I have all of the required downloads for TIFF to work? (JPEG, PNG,
JP2, and GIF seem to work fine)

3) If yes to 2, any idea on what is causing the test to fail for TIFF.

Thanks,
Hugh

I AM USING THE FOLLOWING DOWNLOADS:

ImageMagick 5.4.4
tiff-v3.5.7
libpng-1.2.2
jpeg-6b
jasper-1.500.4

I'M USING THE FOLLOWING PARAMETERS TO CONFIGURE:

         CPPFLAGS="-I/Users/svendsen/Code/ijg/jpeg-6b \
         -I/Users/svendsen/Code/png/libpng-1.2.2 \
         -I/Users/svendsen/Code/jasper/jasper-1.500.4 \
         -I/Users/svendsen/Code/tiff/tiff-v3.5.7" \
         LDFLAGS="-L/Users/svendsen/Code/ijg/jpeg-6b \
         -L/Users/svendsen/Code/png/libpng-1.2.2 \
         -L/Users/svendsen/Code/jasper/jasper-1.500.4 \
         -L/Users/svendsen/Code/tiff/tiff-v3.5.7" \
         ./configure --without-perl --prefix=/usr/local --enable-lzw

I GET THE FOLLOWING OUTPUT FROM CONFIGURE:

checking for TIFF support ...
checking tiff.h usability... yes
checking tiff.h presence... yes
checking for tiff.h... yes
checking tiffio.h usability... yes
checking tiffio.h presence... yes
checking for tiffio.h... yes
checking for TIFFOpen in -ltiff... no
checking if TIFF package is complete... no -- some components failed test

Option            Configure option              Configured value
Shared libraries  --enable-shared=no            no
Static libraries  --enable-static=yes           yes
GNU ld            --with-gnu-ld=no              no
LZW support       --enable-lzw=yes              yes
16 bit pixels     --enable-16bit-pixel=yes      yes

Delegate Configuration:
BZLIB             --with-bzlib=yes              no
DPS               --with-dps=yes                no
FlashPIX          --with-fpx=yes                no
FreeType 2.0      --with-ttf=yes                no
Ghostscript       None                          gs
Ghostscript fonts --with-gs-font-dir=default
/usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts
Ghostscript lib   --with-gslib=yes              no
HDF               --with-hdf=no                 no
JBIG              --with-jbig=yes               no
JPEG v1           --with-jpeg=yes               yes
JPEG v2           --with-jp2=yes                yes
LCMS              --with-lcms=yes               no
MPEG v2           --with-mpeg2=yes              no
Magick++          --with-magick-plus-plus=yes   yes
PERL              --with-perl=no                no
PNG               --with-png=yes                yes
TIFF              --with-tiff=yes               no (failed tests)
WMF               --with-wmf=yes                no
X11               --with-x=                     no
XML               --with-xml=yes                no
ZLIB              --with-zlib=yes               yes