List:       imagemagick-developer
Subject:    Re: [magick-developers] documentation
From:       Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen () simple ! dallas ! tx ! us>
Date:       2002-03-15 1:43:54

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Marcin Nowak wrote:

> I am a new user of ImageMagick (API for C)
> and i have found that documentation is diffrent
> from that how ImageMagick works...
>
> There are some *bugs*

Sorry about that.  My fault.

> - bad description of PixelPacket structure

Agreed.  Will fix.

> - function GetOnePixel() should return pointer
>  but it doesn't

The documentation seems ok here.

> - structure image has no color_class member
>   it has storage_type member

I think a macro is used to map color_class to storage_type.  I'll
update to storage_type.

> - there are some structures that are not descibed
>  in doc

Takes time.

> - there are some constans not described in doc

Takes more time.

> - there is function TransformRGBImage
>   and function RGBTransformImage i can't see any difference
>   in working of this functions

They are the inverse of each other.

> And generaly speeking documentation is rather poor

True.

> there are no examples of using particular function
> there are no links to similar functions (see also)
> ther is no alphabetical index of functions

True.

> and chapter "quick introduction to ImageMagick C API"
> would be good

Please write one for us.

> ImageMagick is cool but this documentation make it useless
> newby have to spent much time guessing how to do something

True.

> good example of documentation is documentation for
> -qt
> -java

Excellent examples.

Bob