List:       imagemagick
Subject:    display crashes when creating image directory
From:       kendalle () piaffe ! usask ! ca
Date:       1997-07-30 23:19:37

Hi,
I've just downloaded and tried out "display" on my Sparc 5 (96MB ram,
Solaris); the problem is that it crashes with a core dump when I try to
create a visual directory of pgm (other types not explored) files. Even
when there are a few as 20 files in the directory!!  Sometimes the
error is "segmentation error" sometimes "bus error" it's always fatal!

If anyone has experienced and resolved this problem please email me at
kendalle@piaffe.usask.ca  with advice on how to fix this apparent bug.

regards
ed kendall