List:       imagemagick
Subject:    Re: libMagick.a
From:       Daniel Lyddy <daniell () cs ! berkeley ! edu>
Date:       1997-07-25 0:12:41

luna wrote:

> Hi, folks.
>
> I was in the final phase of compiling ImageMagick when it kept complaining
> about how it couldn't find libMagick.a.  I found it on another server
> (although I'm not sure why it wouldn't have been included in the
> distribution -- perhaps I deleted it by mistake), copied it over and
> tried compiling once again.  Now, I get the following error:
>
> 0706-721 ERROR:  /usr/lib/libMagick.a is not an XCOFF object or archive
> The error code from the last failed command is 12.
>
> I must have overlooked something but I can't seem to figure out why.  Can
> someone please help me out?

Hmmm...it sounds like maybe the server you copied libMagick.a from does
not have quite the same architecture or object file format as the server
you're compiling on.  It will take some time, but try copying this
library to libMagick.old, return to the top of the ImageMagick source
tree, and type "make libMagick.a."  What happens?

Dan
--
Daniel Lyddy  http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~daniell  UC-Berkeley, CS
Department