List:       imagemagick
Subject:    Re: image sequences in display
From:       Anthony Thyssen <anthony () cit ! gu ! edu ! au>
Date:       1997-07-08 1:13:37

| I installed ImageMagick 3.8.7 on Digital Unix. When using display on image sequences
| (multipage gifs or our own image sequence format) I encounter problems when going to the next image.
| When I load the image from the commandline, like
|
|    display multi.gif
|
| I can step through the sequence, but when
| I load an image through the interactive menu and then want to step through the sequence I get the
| previous used image back.
|
| Anyone knows of a solution for this problem ???
|
| Thanks,

Display basically needs more thought about how it handles multi images.

   * First in a GIF animation with lots of frames (30-100 or more)
     it is a pain to go look at frames in the middle or near the end
     A frame scroll bar, input frame number, will solve that problem

   * While display has the ability to save a GIF animation
     you can NOT easilly save a specific frame.
     And you can definatally not save a frame range as a animation
     in its own right.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
  Signature presently being upgraded.  New .sig should be bigger, better,
  less harmful to the ozone layer, much friendlier to gay and lesbian whales,
  offend less university staff.  Coming soon, to a newsgroup near you!