List:       imagemagick
Subject:    Re: compile on sol 2.5
From:       zzsupjaa () cs6400 ! mcc ! ac ! uk (Ann Apps)
Date:       1997-02-26 9:32:25

Dean,

I asked this same question on this list a while ago. One or two other people
have asked it since then. I have not yet seen any constructive answer.

I also thought that there may be some problem writing to /tmp so I changed the
tmp directory used by ImageMagick to a tmp directory on a disc where I know
there is plenty of space and to which I have write permission. But I still
got the same error.

I have upgraded the version of GhostScript which ImageMagick uses to the latest
version (the standard one on our system is rather out-of-date). But that hasn't
solved the problem.

I used gcc to compile ImageMagick (to get round a different problem) so that
is not the answer.

Apologies for sending out a negative reply, but I am hoping to learn the answer
to this problem eventually :)

	Ann

Mrs. Ann Apps.
SuperJournal Project, National Services Group,
Manchester Computing, University of Manchester,
Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK.
Tel: +44 161 275 6039
Fax: +44 161 275 6040
Email: Ann.Apps@mcc.ac.uk