List:       ilugc
Subject:    [Ilugc] Fwd: [Commons-l] Volunteers needed to help pre-screen Wiki Loves Monuments UK entries
From:       Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-09-30 17:44:00

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Maggs <Michael@maggs.name>
Date: 2014-09-30 22:09 GMT+05:30
Subject: [Commons-l] Volunteers needed to help pre-screen Wiki Loves
Monuments UK entries
To: "<wlm-uk@wikimedia.org.uk>" <wlm-uk@wikimedia.org.uk>, Wiki Loves
Monuments Photograph Competition
<wikilovesmonuments@lists.wikimedia.org>, Wikimedia Commons Discussion
List <commons-l@lists.wikimedia.org>

Hi all

As you may know, the Wiki Loves Monuments competition closes tonight,
and over the next couple of weeks we need to decide on the winning
entries.

In the UK, we expect to have around 7000 entries, from which we need
to select the 500 best for formal judging by the jury.

We're seeking volunteers to help out with the pre-screening process,
which we have to complete within the next two to three weeks.

Can you help us, please?

To help, you'll need the following:

1. A minimum of few hours free between now and 14th October

2. A good level of ability to distinguish high-quality photography
from lower quality (guidelines will be provided)

3. A fast broadband connection for downloading to your local computer
several hundred high-resolution images (we'll tell you how to do it)

4. Suitable software (eg Adobe Lightroom or some other photo-review
software) for reviewing the images at full screen size.

You don't need to be based in the UK to help.

If you can help, please get in touch now!  Either reply directly to
this posting, or send an email to Michael {{at}} maggs . name

Many thanks

Michael

Regards,
T.Shrinivasan