List:       ilugc
Subject:    Re: [Ilugc] PhD in in Computers Science at IIT Madras / Chennai
From:       Satya Prakash Prasad <satyaprakash.prasad () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-09-30 10:54:25

I am sorry for top posting but my mail box does not allows any other option.

Thanks to all for their valid suggestion / directions and I would be
joining a Masters course shortly by distance education.

Shortly I came to know presence of IEEE - https://www.ieee.org

I understand that they are a non-profitable research organization - but I
am not clear of how the system works there or rather need some
clarification.(as below)-

Suppose I become a member of IEEE so -

a) Can I opt my own research topic or I have to select one that they will
provide?

b) Where will I get help on my research subject?

c)If in case my research works takes more than a year - how will I publish
my own paper?

d) Is a research publication considered valid for further research in our
country?

e) Does Chennai has a group of IEEE members where we can interface or
exchange ideas?

f) Is there any other such body of GOVT of India or private where we can
participate?

Regards,
prakash

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 8:31 PM, Srinivasan Sundararajan <srini.it@gmail.com