List:       ilugc
Subject:    Re: [Ilugc] Autorun in Linux reg:
From:       prasannatsmkumar <prasannatsmkumar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-01-30 11:59:05

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 5:05 PM, murali v <murali.venugopal@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi ILUGC,
>
> I'm looking for a possible solution to Autorun a html file in a mountable
> media ( DVD Disc ) when it is mounted in Linux. Like the "autorun.ini"
> file, in windows, which automatically runs the specified binary or file in
> the media when mounted.
> Please do help me resolve this issue. Some pointers will also be fine.
>
> Note: RHEL 5 is the flavour i'm trying to implement.
>
> Regards,
> Murali V
>

>From fedora 10 or so there is autorun support in GNOME environment. I am
not sure about others. I guess it also uses autorun.inf (nautilus used to
show icon for my pendrive that uses autorun.inf file). You have to check
with latest fedora or ubuntu for your needs. I am not sure about RHEL
(being RHEL 5 it will have old packages so it may or may not have support
for this feature). Just give it a try.