List:       ilugc
Subject:    [Ilugc] SFD - planning meeting
From:       Ma Sivakumar <masivakumar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-08-30 15:13:32

Software Freedom Day - Planning meeting

A planning meeting for SFD was held in MIT after Tamil Free Software
Conference on August 28, 2010

1. Raman
Usually, the visitors are colelge students and school children. We
need volunteers to work on attracting common people to the event. We
can inform our friends and contacts through email.

Advertising in magazines and newspapers will cost a lot. It is better
to use that money for some productive purpose. We can try to get news
reports about the event. For earlier events we could not get much
respone. Hope to be successful this time.

2. Srini agreed to send emails to IT companies about the event. We can
prepare a list of 50 companies, identify contacts through the mailing
list and send details of SFD event to them.

3. Srini agreed to co-ordinate creation of sfd.ilugc.in website. All
details about SFD will be posted here.

4. I agreed to get an article published in Puthiya Thalaimurai tamil
magazine through a friend.

5. MIT computer society took responsibility to desing logos, posters
and badges for the event promotion.

6. Anna Kannan who is a media professional suggested that we should
project the event as beneficial to youth. Most of the magazines and
news papers focus on youth segment. He agreed to edit our press
release to suit the tastes of press.

7. Akilan agreed to compile and design the hand out in tamil which
will be printed free of cost by Aazhi publishers.

8. I agreed to co-ordinate printing of bit notices, posters and
banners. Raman suggested that we can cover cost of these through
donations.

9. If someone is ready to take the risk, 200 T-shirts can be printed
for the event and sold to volunteers.

10. It is suggested that we can distribute hand notices to  generate
awareness in Kotturpuram and Adyar areas on September 17, 2010. Need
volunteers for that.

Ma Sivakumar
கணிப்பொருள் - http://kaniporul.blogspot.com/