List:       ilugc
Subject:    Re: [Ilugc] Azureus Installation failure
From:       "Natarajan V" <rajanvn () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-31 17:34:13

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Kunchana Mathota Arachchi
<kunchana@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guz ..!
>
> I tried to install Azureus using synaptic in my Debian lenny system. but I
> got following error and the installation  failure.
>
> azureus:
>  Depends: libswt-gtk-3.3-java  but it is not installable

Azureus is a full and full Java Application. But it uses the SWT
library - which depends on a few .so files under Linux (.dll under
Windows).

Am not sure about the Debian packages, but you can download the
libswt-gtk from www.eclipse.org and add it to the LD_LIBPATH (Did I
spell the variable name correctly?).

ofcourse you can download the Azrues jar file directly from the site
and run it -  if you have Java already installed.

hth,
Natarajan