List:       ilugc
Subject:    [Ilugc] Re:Squid configuration
From:       Thanigairajan murugan <methanigai () yahoo ! co ! in>
Date:       2008-07-31 6:44:21

Hi Sathish,

  >> In squid.conf, I have added following lines to
block yahoo and gmail.

>>acl blockeddomain url_regex
"/etc/squid/blocked.domains.acl"
>>http_access deny blockeddomain

You have to say the users  whom you are going to block
in that line.
like ceo, MD,PL,all etc

>>The file blocked.domains.acl contains as follows

>>YAHOO.COM
>>GMAIL.COM

This is my configuration and it works.
acl bannedsites url_regex -i "/etc/squid/banned.txt"
http_access deny normal_users bannedsites

Thanks & Regards
MThanigairajan

The Most Certain Way To Succeed Is To Try One More Time
                                                        -- By Edison

      Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/invite/